Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cute things She Says...

The scene was the Christmas Eve church service we went to as a family. Since it's a shorter service than normal, and it's the earlier one, it's geared toward families so there are a lot of kids that go. Our Pastor decided that instead of read from the bible or tell the story of Jesus' birth, he would show on DVD, an excerpt from "The Nativity Movie". So, we were sitting and Sarah was watching intently and taking it all in. I could tell that she was in awe, because she'd learned the story in sunday school and we've told it to her before, but this was the first time that she'd seen it visually.

She leaned over to me and asked, "Mommy, is Jesus a baby?"
"Yes," I replied...He is all grown up now, though."
"I know, Mom! I mean in the movie." she corrected me.
"Yes, Honey, in the movie it is showing when he was born and is a baby."

She waited a few minutes and I could tell the wheels were turning in her head.

She leaned back over to me and said, "Mommy?"
"Yes, Sweetie?"
"Jesus gave me a heart so that He could live there!" she told me excitedly.
Tears forming in my eyes, "Yes, He did, Sarah, that's right."


Sometimes God uses my daughter to help me have the right perspective...and maybe one day she'll realize just how profound that statement was.

No comments: